Serving Size : 8
- 8 each hamburger Bun — with sesame seeds
- 2.5 pounds chicken, thigh, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin, seed — toasted and ground
- 1/4 tablespoon coriander, seed — toasted and ground
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon onion powder
- rice bran oil — as needed for frying
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 each dried chili, de arbol, destemmed — toasted and ground
- 1 each dried chili, guajillo, destemmed — toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 each egg — whisked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup panko
- 2 each dried chili, chipotle morita, destemmed — soaked overnight
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, sunflower
- 1/4 each onion, white — julienned
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2.25 tablespoons water
- 2.25 tablespoons vinegar, distilled white
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar, piloncillo / panela
- 1 teaspoon salt — to taste
- 1 each bay leaf, dried — sacheted
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, whole — toasted and sacheted
- 1 each cinnamon, stick — toasted and sacheted
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, Mexican, dry
- 1/2 pound cheese, queso oaxaca — shredded
- 1/4 each onion, white — thinly sliced and rinsed in cold water
- 1 bunch cilantro — woody stems removed and roughly chopped
- 3 each avocados, fresh — mashed with lime juice and salt
- 1/2 tablespoon juice, lime — for avocado
- 1 teaspoon salt — for avocado
- Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. Salt the chicken overnight.
- Combine the flour, spices, salt, and pepper for the dry dredge.
- Whisk the eggs and water for the wet.
- Using a three-step breading technique, dredge the chicken in the flour, then the egg and then the panko.
- Heat oil to 350F and fry chicken ensuring chicken reaches 165 internal temperature.
- Soak the chilis overnight in tap water.
- Drain the peppers, but use this water for the pickle
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil.
- Add the sugar, salt, bay, and spices.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add the chilis.
- Simmer until the chilis are tender and plumped.
- Roughly chop the chilis along with garlic, discarding the chili stems.
- Prep garnishes as stated.
- 1(EA) bun, 1 (EA) piece of chicken, small handful of cheese, 1 spoonful of chipotle escabeche, 1 spoonful of avocado mash, sprinkle of onions, sprinkle of cilantro